Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
I live in the state of constant confusion. Its the state colored blue on the map. And yes I can find any place on the globe, its all color cordinated! (duh)Asia is pink, England is green and France ....well France felt they were soo much better than everone else they have become their own planet.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Its Monday and boy do I feel it!

On Friday I had a doctors appointment for a physical and it seemed to have gone well. They did the usual; my weight, blood pressure, blood samples and all the other usual things. And yes they did the 'turn your head and cough' trick to touch me in my no no place. I am not sure if those test are all that needed but I have had soo many different doctors touch me since I was little I can honestly say I have been with a doctor. lol. According to the doctor I need to loose about 20lbs,WTF! Yeah there is no way in hell that I am going to loose 20lbs anytime soon, maybe 10 but not 20. I would perfer to gain a little muscle mass, not loose it!

Not much happened on Saturday, the wife and myself tried in vain to perform life saving surgery on the Doug-mobile. While Doug is out on his cruise drinking and have a grand old time ;-) he left his car in the drive way. This weekend we tried to breath some life into it just to keep it from rusting away. Now problem one: It is facing the garage door leaving us trying to get a car with the battery on the same side to jump it. My car had the werid positve and negative screws on the wrong side. I have never looked for the battery in my car and was suprised at how well it was hidden. It was under the air filter thingie hidden by a bunch of other devices that I have no idea what they were. It would probably cost 200$ in labor just to do a battery change, and the wifes car wasnt any better. Hell, we couldnt even find the negative screw attachment do-hicky to do a jump.















Now luckily her mom's old beast aka the 'Van' still has the old fashion battery on top so we could do the old fashion cable hook up and get the Douggie-Mobile running. We are going to have to tow it to the local Ghetto Boys Garage to get it a tune up. We would drive it the whole 6 blocks but it doesnt have any insurance on it, its not register and it has not passed inspection since 2001 when he bought this thing. Now for those of you who live in the thie nazi state on Jersey know why this is a bad thing, but for those of you unfamliar with NJ; THIS IS BAD! You get pulled over in this car and the odds are you could end up in prison, yes in jail for this. I do not want to be the guy in jail with the gayest "Why I am in Jail" story. But I hope to get it back to it former self soon, well as former as it can be since Doug did try to drive this thing into the ground-Literaly.















Sunday:
I took the oldest Devon and Bro-in-Law Allen to the park for a full body kinda workout.















Now for those of you with kids you know what kinda workout this is. It works every muscle in your body, mainly because I am the dad chasing after them doing things most parents wished they could still do. Running , jumping, climbing and crawiling. Most of the parnets at the park just sat on thier ever growing asses and watched, what a bunch of old farts. But then again I didnt wait until I was finacially stable to have them, it looked like most of these ppl were in their late 40's with small children. I had some friends like that in high school and I always thought their parents looked like their grandparents. Yes having kids early is hard but I would perfer to have them while I have the energy to play with them on their level than on grandpas level.

Here you see Allen running from Devon:















And this is Allen exsplaining how he nutted himself on the pole to Devon, and as you can see he is getting a real kick out of it.















Also you can see that this was one of those wooden jungle gyms and not one of those lame plastic kid safe ones. Now, dont get me wrong I am all for safety when it comes to kids but a child that never fall will never learn to walk. This one is definately allot safer than the wooden ones I used to climb on. In those days the wood was very splintered and full of jagged edges to tear you skin and cloths on. They also used sand back in the day for the padding, like that was soft or something. Sorry to tell you but falling on your ass from a 12 foot drop into a sand pit isnt soft. But this one was just rough enough to make these little monsters think for themselves a bit. It should be safe but not to safe that they take having to think before you jump away. I have been to some of these play grounds and even if you jumped from the highest point and landed on your face the worst thing you might get is rug burn on your nose from the foam padding they have around the gym. Whatever happened to the good old days when lawn darts and bb guns consisted of fun times in your backyard with a pocket full of bottle rockets and dads lighter?

Oh well, their loss. For the rest of the day I did the usual cloths and cleaning duties, with some Miller Light (4) and 1 scotch and coke. I got a good buzz on and went to bed. All in all it was a good weekend.

9 comments:

honkeie said...

A little bit of lube and you will slide just fine ;-)
I love the mommies that run wild too, soccer moms-giggity giggity goo!

Becky said...

I miss running around the playground, I'd still do it, if there was one around my house. Although my favorite was the swings! My hubby had brought me to the elementary school in town one day after work, and he had to bribe me to get off the swings to go home. That weightless feeling of swinging there is nothing like it in the world.

honkeie said...

Normie: It comes from concentrated will. I make myself like that but I doesnt last long lol.
Becky: I can still do a back flip off the swings, go me lol. Never let the inner child die!

AM said...

Great energy, would use some advice one day ;)

'but I have had soo many different doctors touch me since I was little I can honestly say I have been with a doctor'... haha very funny!

Take care of Doug's car bleeeeez!

honkeie said...

am_pm: no problem, we plan to have it towed to the ghetto garage this weekend.

AM said...

What?! oh oh oh! I think he would need a shoulder to cry on when he is back haha.

Forgot to tell you that I tagged you, sowwy :( I had to lol.

Mike said...

A good buzz is always nice!

Steph said...

Ohhh please don't speak to me of wood and splinters :P You sound like an uber cool dad. good on ya!

Shari said...

Wow!! Busy weekend!! :) And admit it, you like those doctor's appointments!!