- I live in the state of constant confusion. Its the state colored blue on the map. And yes I can find any place on the globe, its all color cordinated! (duh)Asia is pink, England is green and France ....well France felt they were soo much better than everone else they have become their own planet.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Well anyway, for the past week i have been putting air in one of my back tires. It isnt dead yet, it still has some tread left so it wasnt ready to go. And I am not ready to shell out another $89 for a new tire! So I did what real men do, I went to Walmart (only because Target did not carry them) and bought a tire plugging kit. In the past my neighbor would do this for me, he has a garage full of tools and even a huge air compressor. So filling the tire was fast and easy. I have an air compressor as well but it is one of those plug in types that is loud as hell, but just as good. So with my new found manly juices flowing I head home to get my hands dirty, I was stoked.
I get the tire off with no problem, looked about until I found the whole that needed a plug and found it! But was not sure to what it was, it had a head like a screw but it did not have the star opening in the center like other screws I was used to seeing. And it was thicker than the last screw that was removed from my tire. But I was not hampered by this, I am man and I can get it out.
Well, after about 20 minutes and 3 different tools later I finally get it out! It turned out to be a damn drill bit! I had to pry it out with a fucking flat head screw driver! It was in the tire deep, and the moment I got it out all the air came whooshing out. I almost did a crazed man dance around the tire singing, " I got you I got you, you dirty little bastard, I got you Now what huh huh now what I got you!'
But I kept my manly composure and went to the next step, plugging the tire. Which only took about 5 minutes. I took the tire in the house, because my air compressor needs to be plugged in and where I was parked was way to far to try running a cord to. I put enough air in it to see if the plug was good and since it was I put the tire back on and drove down the street to the only gas station I know that has 'free air'. It is nice to see the word 'free' and it actually means free.
So in all it took me about 35 minutes and about $10 to save myself having to pay someone probably twice, or maybe even more, to fix my tire. And so far it has been 2 days since I did it and the air is still in the tire. And of course I had to take at least one picture of the beast that was causing me all this grief:
Now, next on the list of things I have to do before I can call myself a man: Do something with concrete......not sure what, just anything that requires me to have to go to Home Depot and buy a big heavy bag of concrete and rent a big manly, dirt encrusted mixer.
And now for something completely different:
I saw this the other day at Target and had to try it:
They are calling it 'throw back' as in they have gone back to the days of using sugar instead of that awesome nastiness we love to hate, high fructose corn syrup. And to be honest I did not like it. It did not have the over powering sweet kick that blows your taste buds right out of your mouth, we all know and love. I swear I did not taste anything Mountain Dew like, man do I want me some Code Red now.......Extreme!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woooo, ok I am back......but I was some what disappointed with it; but who could expect it to taste better than something that is 100 times sweeter than plane old sugar?
Also in other news I am back in school, I have class Tuesday ( two classes, starting at 6pm and ending at 10pm), Thursday and Saturday. I am only taking 3 classes this semester so lets see how it goes. The last semester I took 4 classes and it almost did me in! I am hoping that by taking one less it will keep the stress factor down a little. I will say that even with all of my bitching I did get awesome grades:
World Lit: A
The math had to have been the greatest miracle, I hate math with a passion and I am soo glad it is over with. I am now taking business management, history of art and a finance class this time around. I am just about done with all the completely useless classes so all that is left are the classes that pertain to my actual major. Each class I take and pass gets me that much closer to get the hell out of there.
Monday, January 04, 2010
It is just that I hear all these 'New Years Resolutions' of which none are ever keeps, and all that talk of what the new year will bring. Well to be honest it will probably bring much of what it brought last year.....if you sit around and let it. I for one have always been about going, doing and making things happen. Call me a spaz, call me a puttz, call me what you will but I can always say at the end of each year, 'Holly Hell, glad that one is over! Now on to the next.'
I listen to all these office drones chatting about how this year they are going to do this and going to do that, mind you it's the same drivel from last year and the year before that. I am not saying I am mister excitement but I try to make the most out of the time I have here on our little planet. I want to help or inspire others to do the same, do not wait for something to happen; go out and make it happen.
I started this blog after I bumped into one by accident, I dont remember the blog but it was an everyday guy from NJ that wrote about him and his friends. And I thought, 'Hey I want to do that!' I know I have been lacking these past few months but I hope to get on here a little more often and post something.
I encourage everyone to do the same, go out and do something just for the bragging rights to say you did it. Go punch a midget clown in the face, get drunk with your grandmother and wake up with her false teeth in your mouth, start a cult dedicated to 'Saved By the Bell', go fly a kite on the White House lawn with Canadian Bacon stapled on yourself or.....just go outside and take a few pictures of things in your town. I love reading and seeing where other people call home.
I know most people are not willing to go out and do half, or any, of the things I mentioned but do something. Life is only boring if you let it be that way. And yes I made a few resolution as well:
Eat less exercise more, take more pictures and finally finish that short story i have been working on since......I was 12 lol.
Everyone wants to be a writer these days, hell is a woman can make millions on fangless vampires that twinkle in the sun and are about as manly as Elton John in a biker bar I can too!
But in all what i want from this 2010 is another year of things I will look back on and remember with a smile. From the good the bad and the ugly.
I am going to attempt to do a quick list of things that marked my 2009:
- My decision to get a full sleeve tattoo. This past Saturday I sat for 5 hours for more work. I have alot more to go but as soon as that one is done I another arm to go.
- Our brush with DYFS, i look back now and laugh because it is all said and done with. But also looking back I know next time I am going to hand the school their ass if it happens again, I swear the more education a person has the less their actual IQ becomes.
- My ex-wife getting divorced from husband number two. I will say this, If I ever get divorced again I am not getting married again!
- Going out and playing paint ball for the first time and loving it.
- Joining the Mason's. I am on page 3 of 10, I have to have it memorized by Jan 20th!
- Starting back to school to finish my degree in International Business. I got my grades finally: Math B-, Computers A-, Literature A, and Health A. Which brings my GPA to 3.675! Fuck yeah I am that good, well not really I was sucking wind by the end of that semester lol
- Rented a house for the first time in Virgina Beach for a week and had an awesome time.
- Seth started learning the piano, I am amazed at how fast he is picking it up.
- Lucas is officially potty trained....oh happy happy days!
- Absinthe becomes legal in the States and I drank my first bottle.....one of three now.....
- Me and my friend Pete took on a food challenge.....trying to eat 'Zeus' a 12.5 lb hamburger at the Clinton Station diner in NJ. We failed but it was well worth the bragging rights to say we tried.
- Got to me Dan Aykrod at Bayway Liquors in Elizabeth NJ, he was promoting his Crystal Skull vodka. A little on the pricey side but damn good!
- Went to two amazing concerts: Korn and Mindless Self Indulgence. Concerts are slowly starting to wane on me. I dont know but they are not as much fun as they used to be. God am I ......getting old!?!?!
- The wife graduated from college.......so proud of her.....now if only she would do something with that $40,000 piece of paper!
- Started playing golf with Pete. I suck but at least I have fun
Now, I am sure I am missing a few things that happened in 2009 but that is all I could regurgitate at the moment. If anymore come to mind I might pop back in to add them. On second thought never mind, if I missed something then I missed something. The odds are it is already in my blog somewhere so if you are really that interested in finding out what I did in 2009 go through my achieves. Have fun I started back in April of 2005! Which reminds me, maybe my blog resolution is to go back and clean up some of the crap post I have festering about in this bitch. Now that is a tall order I might just have to get on, right along with solving world hunger and telling no one!