It is just that I hear all these 'New Years Resolutions' of which none are ever keeps, and all that talk of what the new year will bring. Well to be honest it will probably bring much of what it brought last year.....if you sit around and let it. I for one have always been about going, doing and making things happen. Call me a spaz, call me a puttz, call me what you will but I can always say at the end of each year, 'Holly Hell, glad that one is over! Now on to the next.'
I listen to all these office drones chatting about how this year they are going to do this and going to do that, mind you it's the same drivel from last year and the year before that. I am not saying I am mister excitement but I try to make the most out of the time I have here on our little planet. I want to help or inspire others to do the same, do not wait for something to happen; go out and make it happen.
I started this blog after I bumped into one by accident, I dont remember the blog but it was an everyday guy from NJ that wrote about him and his friends. And I thought, 'Hey I want to do that!' I know I have been lacking these past few months but I hope to get on here a little more often and post something.
I encourage everyone to do the same, go out and do something just for the bragging rights to say you did it. Go punch a midget clown in the face, get drunk with your grandmother and wake up with her false teeth in your mouth, start a cult dedicated to 'Saved By the Bell', go fly a kite on the White House lawn with Canadian Bacon stapled on yourself or.....just go outside and take a few pictures of things in your town. I love reading and seeing where other people call home.
I know most people are not willing to go out and do half, or any, of the things I mentioned but do something. Life is only boring if you let it be that way. And yes I made a few resolution as well:
Eat less exercise more, take more pictures and finally finish that short story i have been working on since......I was 12 lol.
Everyone wants to be a writer these days, hell is a woman can make millions on fangless vampires that twinkle in the sun and are about as manly as Elton John in a biker bar I can too!
But in all what i want from this 2010 is another year of things I will look back on and remember with a smile. From the good the bad and the ugly.
I am going to attempt to do a quick list of things that marked my 2009:
- My decision to get a full sleeve tattoo. This past Saturday I sat for 5 hours for more work. I have alot more to go but as soon as that one is done I another arm to go.
- Our brush with DYFS, i look back now and laugh because it is all said and done with. But also looking back I know next time I am going to hand the school their ass if it happens again, I swear the more education a person has the less their actual IQ becomes.
- My ex-wife getting divorced from husband number two. I will say this, If I ever get divorced again I am not getting married again!
- Going out and playing paint ball for the first time and loving it.
- Joining the Mason's. I am on page 3 of 10, I have to have it memorized by Jan 20th!
- Starting back to school to finish my degree in International Business. I got my grades finally: Math B-, Computers A-, Literature A, and Health A. Which brings my GPA to 3.675! Fuck yeah I am that good, well not really I was sucking wind by the end of that semester lol
- Rented a house for the first time in Virgina Beach for a week and had an awesome time.
- Seth started learning the piano, I am amazed at how fast he is picking it up.
- Lucas is officially potty trained....oh happy happy days!
- Absinthe becomes legal in the States and I drank my first bottle.....one of three now.....
- Me and my friend Pete took on a food challenge.....trying to eat 'Zeus' a 12.5 lb hamburger at the Clinton Station diner in NJ. We failed but it was well worth the bragging rights to say we tried.
- Got to me Dan Aykrod at Bayway Liquors in Elizabeth NJ, he was promoting his Crystal Skull vodka. A little on the pricey side but damn good!
- Went to two amazing concerts: Korn and Mindless Self Indulgence. Concerts are slowly starting to wane on me. I dont know but they are not as much fun as they used to be. God am I ......getting old!?!?!
- The wife graduated from college.......so proud of her.....now if only she would do something with that $40,000 piece of paper!
- Started playing golf with Pete. I suck but at least I have fun
Now, I am sure I am missing a few things that happened in 2009 but that is all I could regurgitate at the moment. If anymore come to mind I might pop back in to add them. On second thought never mind, if I missed something then I missed something. The odds are it is already in my blog somewhere so if you are really that interested in finding out what I did in 2009 go through my achieves. Have fun I started back in April of 2005! Which reminds me, maybe my blog resolution is to go back and clean up some of the crap post I have festering about in this bitch. Now that is a tall order I might just have to get on, right along with solving world hunger and telling no one!