The good wife's guide.
- Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before to have a delicious meal ready and on time for him. This is a way of telling him you have been thinking about him all day and are concerened with his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal(especially their favorite) is part of the warm welcome needed.
- Prepair yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your makeup , put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking. He was just with alot of weary looking people.
- Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.
- Clear away the cluter. Make one last trip through the house before the husband arrives.
- Gather up all the school books, toys , paper etc and run a dust cloth over the tables.
- Over the cooler monthd of the year ligth a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached his haven of rest and order and it will give you a lift too. After all catering for his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
- Prepair the children. Take a few minutes to wash their hands and faces, comb their hair,and change their cloths. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part. Minimise all noise. At the time of his arrival eliminate all noise of the washer , dryer, or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet as well.
- Be happy to see him.
- Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.
- Listen to him. You may have done a dozen important things to tell him but the momment he arrives is not the time. Let him talk first - remeber his topic of conversation is more important than yours.
- Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner or other places of enterainment without you. Instead try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax.
- Your goal : Try to make your home a place of peace, order and tranquillity where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.
- Do not greet him with complaints and problems.
- Do not complain if he is late for dinner or stays out all night. Count this as minor compaired to what he goes through daily.
- Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lie down in the bedroom. Have a cold or warm drink waiting for him.
- Arrange his pillows and offer to take off his shoes for him. Speak in a low, soothing,and pleasant voice.
- Dont ask him questions about his actions or question his judgement or integrity. Remeber he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfullness. YOU have NO RIGHT to question him!
- A good wife knows her place.
Now as a man I find this offensive, it makes us look like retarded children that even as grown ups needing a mommy. I did not get married to have a mindless servant standing at attention waiting for me to bring home the bacon. What they fail to mention here is that she should be willing to have sex whenever the man wants it lol. And to never question why you both need to go to the clinic for blood test and why he shaved off his pubes and his sudden need to wash all the sheets. Because we all know you get crabs and STD's from public toliets.
But then again my first wife would be been better off if she could just followed a few of this !