Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
I live in the state of constant confusion. Its the state colored blue on the map. And yes I can find any place on the globe, its all color cordinated! (duh)Asia is pink, England is green and France ....well France felt they were soo much better than everone else they have become their own planet.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Cold as a witchs tit wekend....

-It was a rather quiet weekend with nothing too eventfull happening. I did not get as much sleep as I had hoped for but that is my fault. Did not do anything friday, did a little drinkin on Saturday and tried to stay up and watch the most important show on TV, Beavis and Butthead reruns. I tried so hard to stay awake, they came on at 2 in the fucking morning and haveing 4 beers and countless number of gin and tonics did not help. I dozed off watching a Chris Rock stand up, it was funny the first 6 times but on the 7th viewing it just put me to sleep. I was sooo pissed off sunday morning when I realized I missed my show and did not get any sleep on top of it.
-But we went to some place right around the corner from my house that suprised me. Now keep in mind that I live in a very crowded part of NJ. People here live literaly on top of each other and any plot of land is turned into a 6 familiy filing cabnit. It is called the Liberty Hall musem, it is the house where the Kean family lived 220 years ago and is the family Kean College is named after. This place was sooo beautiful and so well perserved for being so old and in the middle of urban USA. They had pumpkin picking, hay rides, face painting, and pony rides but me and the older boys just ran amuck on the grounds. Poking or head in places they probably should not have been, peaking in area that were probably off limits and just being boys. Here are some photos from a place that is lost in time and stands as a reminded how things once were. Where men were men and women were treated more like property than a person lol.

1) The main house, we did not go in due to the fact the two little monsters that were with me could not sit still for 1 second. I really would love to see it in a relaxed setting. Not in the "Dont touch that, stop running, no, no, no, stop hitting him, stop cursing, no, no , no" mode.















2) This picture has a very halloween psycho house fell to it dont ya think?
















3) Anyone else feel like watching the movie "The Shinning"?















4) I believe this was probably the servants house. Damn I want to be someones servant if I get a house this nice lol.















5) This is a chestnut tree that was planted in 1770. Too cool!















6) This is called the 'privy', more like a medevil potty to me. I wonder how many ppl got splinters in their privates?















7) This is the ground zero and the recieving end of the outhouse. I wonder if there is any 200 year old doodie in here. Maybe one of those guys from CSI can examine it and tell us their life story lol.
















8) This is the carrage house and the two little monsters that I took with me. It is amazing they were not at full speed here, they must have stopped to kill a bug.















9) Last but not least this is a picture of a fire engine that the kids were allowed to climb on. And boy did the wild animals take full advantage of this. They even had little fireman outfits for the little beast to pretned with.

11 comments:

Danielle said...

liked the pictures -not feeling too well today....* just sitten here at work chillen...

Katie said...

"The Shinning" i love that movie

but like the pic's

Mara said...

Oh come on!! Kids aren't that bad! I love toddlers. I actually take my sister's with me antiquing ... if you can believe that.

::smooches::
Mara

P.S. Seriously cool pics of the house babe.

honkeie said...

I do too. I liked the new one they did but it wasnt as scary as the first :-D

honkeie said...

I know I just call them evil monsters. They could be ALOT worse than they are lol.

Shari said...

Creepy looking house....

And I'm soooo glad toilets were invented. I friggin hate outhouses!! :( I just gagged looking at that picture that might have "200 year old doodie" in it. GAG!!

Becky said...

Beautiful place. Reminds me of some of the old plantations still standing down south, really beautiful!

honkeie said...

sorry to hear that jennay, sounds like he needs to unplug and go visit the outside a bit more. I llove going out and doing stuff.

Joe Tornatore said...

cool photos. i am only south of you and have never heard ofthis place. i got to get out more.

honkeie said...

Joe- after this I am going to make it apoint to exsplore more on NJ. There is so much here I did not know of.
Jen- I so want to go to a real haunted house. When I was a kid we used to go out and look in old abandoned houses looking for ghost. But now being older and affraid of being arrested I dont do dat any moe. And I will look later at the story. Sorry about no one reading about your sister, and help-I read them :-D

honkeie said...

I still have a vcr recordind from 1990 something of them. It has an original head bangers ball with ricky rackman interviewing this band 'PAW'. Then Beavias and Butthead, I cannt remeber which episodes are on there but they were some classics lol. I bought a collection of them but it did not have the videos..wtf beavis and butthead and no music videos???