I had to go to court yesterday and what a day it was. I was not there for anything I did but there for someone else.I got to see all the fuck ups of the world and what they were charged with, and here for my pleasure are some of the stories:
1) A woman was there to drop the charges that her boyfriend(a huge russian) dangled her from their balcony like member of the Jackson family. But since she did not speak english her lawyer and the boyfriend were there to translate. The officer said that they were both drunk when he got there and had a hard time understanding her. She dropped the charges and said it was just a miss understanding, and we all know her!
2) A 20 yr old man was arrested for DWI, assault and willful distruction of county property(cops cell phone). He also added to what happened by stating he drank a half a bottle of tequila and about 4 beers. This is a perfect exam of when you should us the right to remain silent. The DWI could have been brought down because he refused to give a breath test and while in hands of the police they were never able to get a reading on him. So without this new info the judge had no proof he was even drunk, other than the officers word that he smelled booze. DUH on him! After alot of pleading and lawyer talk I could not follow he got 6 months liscense suspension, ton of fines, community service and that he had to get a job. The judge also mentioned that while at the police station the young man "urinated" on a table and a chair. I am not sure if that was a separte charge but the whole court room almost bust out laught at this one. And to make it worse for him he had his whole family with him; Dad, Mom, 2 Aunts and good old grand mom. Luckily for him I am pretty sure the grandmom did not speak english so he did save a little face on that one. The last part was a bit commical(no where as funny as the pissing though), the judge made him get a job. No more lazy days of booze and bitchs for Mr. Smooth.Got to love a judge with a sense of humor.
3) A woman was dropping charges agaist her daughter. Apprantley the daughter stole her car and the mom called the cops on her. She is dropping the charges because she admitted herself into some kinda rehab for stoopid ppl and the mom thought that would be better than prison. Go mom.
4) Some old guy being served with a noise violation. It looked kinda werid that this old guy with a cane was some loud part monster. But as it turns out it was his house alarm that kept going off while he was out of town and his neighbor had enough of it. I understand her pain, we have this one ladies house alarm that goes off while she is in FL. Unlike this lady I plan to fix her house the next time it goes off, the alarm box is easily accessed form the side. A bat and a step ladder can fix her ass!
5) The last one worth mentioning was kinda uneventful but interestin never the less. This guy came to court to surrended to a 2 day inprisonment. He had just did 2 years and his original trail and now has to go back for 2 days before he is done with his time out for what ever the original charges where. They were never mentioned(to bab, I bet it was something fun) but he was there to be willfully wisked away to his weekend resort.
After this fun day I am soooo glad that I have never had in run ins with the law. But I did learn a few things, one: If ever confronted with a DWI refuse a breath test and act like an ass. You might have to pay fines and few other problems but the DWI will not be on your record. And two: Once you have a record it will follow you forever, everytime the judge was reviewing the cases he would read any and all previous convictions. So keep that in mind when you think of doing something not so bright.