Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
I live in the state of constant confusion. Its the state colored blue on the map. And yes I can find any place on the globe, its all color cordinated! (duh)Asia is pink, England is green and France ....well France felt they were soo much better than everone else they have become their own planet.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Guess what........



- I could not have said it better myself haha. And the odds are that is just what I am going to be doing later tonight. I got a call from an old friend I bumped into on myspace and we are going to our old watering hole-QXT. I may ever dress up a little, and I mean a little lol. I am not going all gothed out because I dont want to be that old guy at the club haha. I will have the camera handy so if I do end up going I will have some evidence of what we did. I have yet to use the new camera in such a dark setting so lets hope I can get the pictures to come out.
-In other news I have learned something new, I learned that Elvis did not write any of his songs. All the songs we have grown up knowing as Elvis's songs were other ppls, he just re-mixed them in a since. 'Nothing but a Hound Dog' 'Love Me Tender' were all songs by other ppl, so to me that means he created a carrer off other ppls music. I am not putting the king down in any since, he was a great show man and brought a generation a kinda of music they would have never heard because of the racial gap. He took r&b, jazz and gospel and broght it to the white ppl with a new sound but kept the same feeling. In those days no white person would admit to listening to 'black music' but they would jump up and down to Elvis. He helped break down the barrier and in a since was part of the social reform movement. Music is music and knows no color or race, well at least we would like to think that.
-Now with this knowledge I have to give an appology to a few artist that I blasted in the past for making a carrer of re-mixing old 70's and 80's music. The number one person, even though I still find him rather annoying is Pee-Did-He, Poofy Combs, Shean Pee-Did-He, or what ever his name is now. He made his start by remixing other ppls songs. Now he did the reverse of what Elvis did, he took 'white pop' and put a new rap spin on it and made it new. The greatest form of flattery is imitation, and whats his name brought music from a time the younger kids probably never knew of to the present. And from what I have learned that it wasnt until the Beatles hit the sence that most artist didnt make their own music. They were probably the first band to bost they wrote and sang their own stuff. From there on out it was almost imbarassing to admit the songs you were doing werent your own.
Hell some of the highest selling songs/recoders in history were not written by the ppl that sang them. Barbra Strisan....fuck it i cannt spell big noses name lol...her biggest grossing sales from one ablum was written by the Bee-Gees. Kenny Rodgers and Dolly(huge tittied) Pardon's song 'Islands in the Stream' was written by the Bee-Gees.(I am pretty sure of that but if you feel like proving me wrong go google it haha) The Bee-Gees started writting music for others after they were labled 'Disco' and could not sell anymore because Saturday Night Fever and become an epidemic and killed all its fans off in an over night plauge. They found that being type-casted hurt their ability to make money so that did the next best thing and made a fortune from selling their stuff to others. They wrote music for others and became the unsong heros of music in the early 80's into the present day.
So to sum it up I now feel I have judge some performers a bit harshly because they used other ppl work. I am in awe to those who can write their own muisc though, I find that a great ability. Say what u will about what ever type of music u do not like-rap, rock,jazz, emo, punk, or what ever- if they wrote it themselves I will tip my hat to them everytime. Just beacuse I dont like it and think it sucks ass, if you did it all and got it published I admire your efforts.

-I am going to have to post my funnies seperate than this post because everytime I try to post them in the normal order in the 'preview' they come out all wrong. And for some reason when I check the 'html' its full of >p<>p> what the fuck it that. Whatever it is it is causes the pictures to shift over and push the text all over the place. It has happened in the past and all I had to do was erase everything and start over. But this time it seems to want to be a bitch. So for now fuck u blog, I will be back with some funnies. Until then try out a Moment of Zen to calm your nerves:


Captin Nut and General Sack with save the day! Make way for Nut&Sack!

10 comments:

Lo Lo Lova said...

That sack picture is so hot that I set it as my screensaver....

Anonymous said...

Damn, those are both funny pics.

I like that Rick James one.

Elvis didn't write his own stuff? Damn.

Danielle said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaa holy muther lmfao!!!!!!!!!

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

And just what was IN those bombs we dropped?

Becky said...

That pic reminds me of that Xtreme games show, too funny! Those japs are freaking nuts!

Unknown said...

Ok, Phil! You just made my brain bleed with that last pic!!

j said...

wow. whoa. gross? hahaha. that's right. it's the weekend. time to celebrate. mardi gras is around the corner!

morbid misanthrope said...

Interesting. You know, I got a call the other day from some Japanese fellow asking me where to send the royalty checks. I was baffled -- and totally wasted -- so I just gave him my address.

It turns out I wrote the song "Hitomi No Jyunin." I don't know what the fuck that means, and I don't think I've ever heard the song. Whatever; I made, like, $2.33 so who cares?

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry... but those 2 dudes are gross!!!!... :D

AM said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwk! dude where do you get these awful pics from?!
What a turn off lol!