Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
I live in the state of constant confusion. Its the state colored blue on the map. And yes I can find any place on the globe, its all color cordinated! (duh)Asia is pink, England is green and France ....well France felt they were soo much better than everone else they have become their own planet.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday, cold as a witchs tit!


Another monday and tits freakin cold! I even put on my sweater today lol. But lucky for me I dont work outside anymore, I sometimes wonder if I would have made out better in the manual labor field(I was once a sheet metal fabricator) but then I remeber what it was like working in the winter with metal. I know they make a shit load of money but its dangerous, dirty and over all not my cup of tea. In the short time I did that work I got 2 scars, been hurt so many times I stop counting the numer of times I stubbed my toe, bandged my head or pinched my finers. And the shop I worked in was very mom and pop so things like safety were not all that important. We would stand on the top step on an 18 foot ladder cutting old gas pipe to make room for duct work. You know that one step thats says'This Is Not A Step', that step. And anyone who knows what its like to cut gas pipe knows how much it vibrates and shakes, and should I also mention these ladders were really old and not very level anymore.
I really did not mind doing this, until the winter hit. Do you have any idea how hard it is to work with metal in the freezing cold? Your hands dont work right, your boogers become hard, you can feel sweat on your freeze as its coming out, your toes curl on you(steel toes may be helpful but not in the cold) and the overall feeling of wanting to die. This was not something I saw myself doing forever, hell I dont really see myself doing what I do now forever but it pays the bills at the moment.
I am a 30 year old boy who still isnt sure what he wants to do when he grows up. I sorta envy those who knew what they wanted to be as a teen and went out and became it, even if it was lame, they still had an idea and went for it. Me, I still have no clue, I wish I knew where I fit in the rat race. I am go at my job but I really dont seem myself staying here until I retire. It isnt much of a career more like a full time slacker post to me.

I have no idea where this post is going so I will end it now. Just take that motivational poster to heart ppl. The one who puts out the least amount of energy but gets the most done will most likely be your boss some day!

4 comments:

guttergirl said...

Not to worry Honkie. I am a little older than you and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Maybe we should just refuse to grow up. I think I will try that. Happy Monday!

Blondie... said...

I have the same worries...

I know what I want in life just not sure about everything. I had dreams as a kid but they weren't serious enough to follow.

I have to admit I've never had my boogers freeze while standing on a ladder cutting pipes... I don't envy that.

Love the poster. :-)

GERBEN said...

Here ya go Honkeie.

Buttery Nipples

http://www.barmeister.com/cgi-bin/drink.view.pl?drink=275

Kilroy_60 said...

Love the card!