Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
I live in the state of constant confusion. Its the state colored blue on the map. And yes I can find any place on the globe, its all color cordinated! (duh)Asia is pink, England is green and France ....well France felt they were soo much better than everone else they have become their own planet.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Blue Fishing in New Jeresey

A buddy from work asked if I wanted to go blue fishing with him and some of his buddies from his firehouse. I would put the name of the firehouse on here but with my luck someone would google it and find my blog. Dont want to get anyone on trouble from the Oakland Fire house.......ummmmm oopps lol. We went on the night trip, 730pm to 230am.....oh yeah it was going to be a long night hahaha
Here we have a couple of group shots of the guys getting ready to catch some fish!



The guy in the bandanna is my buddy Vinnie.....that sounds like the name of a comedy lol. Oh yeah there was beer involved, what kind of fishing outing doesnt have beer?!?!?!



This is one of those party boats that does just about everything for you, which is good for me because I have no clue on what to do with anything I catch lol. Here we have the table of death already to chop and slice you fresh catch. It didnt stay clean for long......




I was soon informed that blue fish are very bloody and that they have very sharp teeth. Both of which turned out to be very true. One of the guys I was with got his finger bitten, nothing serious but it sure made for some good jokes at his expense.



These fish are real fighters, I only brought in one but fought with like 4 others that broke the line. Which was fine by me, I only wanted one. I mean WTF was I going to do with more than that, do you see how big these fuckers are?!?!?!



The boat Miss Belmar did just wanted we wanted it to do....it found us a great place to fish. It did take some time to find a good spot but it was well worth the trip. This one guy on the boat took home like 15 fish, this guy was dead serious about bring home some fish. I am curious as to what he did with all of them????? But if you are ever in the area and are in need of a boat, Miss Belmar is the one to pick in my book.




Krikey.....will you look at the size of dat ding!



There were some interesting characters on this boat. One was this skinny chick that was high as a kite and dressed for a jogging outing, not a night of fishing. She pulls up in a BMW, hops on the boat and then starts bumming smokes and beer off of the people on the boat. I swear I cannt get away from bums no matter where i go. And just in cast you are wondering, I didnt give her shit. Dont get me wrong I am a huge sucker for a sob story and give to almost anybody that asks, but this was just some leech bar fly. And I was not giving her squat.
Now the other strange ducks we had were these two young girls, which is probably normal in these parts, I am just not used to girls being into manly outdoors things. Sorry but the women I am used to dont fish, hunt or do chewing tobacco. Sorry for the blurry picture and sorry to the girl who is on the receiving end of this shot.....it had to take it I am sooo sorry.





Now, being the manly fisherman I am I took home the one fish I caught. And I must say I had no idea what to do with it, but luckily one of the guys working on the boat gave me some good advise. Soak the fillet in milk over night and then cook it how ever you want. The milk helps to get rid of the fishy smell and taste. I did it and it worked like a charm.





Fun was had by one and all, no one got sea sick and no one threw up.....well no one in my group anyway. We did witness one gut blow some serious chunks off the boat. I totally laughed at his pain, sorry I cannt help it I am an asshole after all. I have yet to ever get sea sick, I actually like the feeling of being on a rocking boat. Cannt say why, I did not grow up around boats and in all honesty I did not get on one until much later in life. I swear I was a pirate in another life hahaha.

We did not get off the boat until almost 3am and I did not get home until about 430am. I was tired, smelled so bad I had to get naked on the porch and leave my cloths there but it was fun and would totally do it again.

3 comments:

Julie H said...

I have no desire to EVER go fishing. I've been a few times and it's so freaking boring. Apparently we didn't have enough cocktails.

honkeie said...

Its boring because its called 'fishing' and not 'catching' lol
But if it wasnt for the guys cutting the fish for me I would not have gone lol

Hammy said...

What would you be doing again - fishing or getting naked on the porch?