Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
I live in the state of constant confusion. Its the state colored blue on the map. And yes I can find any place on the globe, its all color cordinated! (duh)Asia is pink, England is green and France ....well France felt they were soo much better than everone else they have become their own planet.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

New pool

As you can see we have a pool, whoooohoooooo. We bought it at our favorite store in the whole wide world : Target...and it is not pronounced TARSHAY. We are not in freakin France last I checked. hehehehehe. It was the biggest one they had in stock. But I am sure it is the biggest one they make that comes in a box and goes up in 45 minutes. 
It took about 45 minutes to put up, but it took about 15 extra minutes to get the damn thing out of the box lol. Did not factor that in Mr. Poolman, but that was not the biggest hurdle. The only problem that we have had so far is that you have to have at least 3 people to do this. The is no way in hell one person could have done this alone. 
First of all the box weighs a fucking ton, well more like 120lbs and some change. Secondly, putting up the walls of the pool has to be done in sections and the moment you put one up; the other falls. If I could have been sitting back watching myself do this in the beginning I would have laughed. But lucky for me the wife came to the rescue.
Let me tell you a little about my little woman( she is little 5'2"me 6'2", and never call her an Umpalompa she hates that). This woman is the assembly king/queen, she can single handily put IKEA furniture together. Now that is a woman you marry! If I try I always end up breaking parts out of frustration because it will not fit( because it does not belong in that hole.......;-D ), or because after of 30 minutes of screwing and fitting I learn that I have to take it all apart . I missed a step somewhere along the line and that was apparently a very important step .
Now with her help we were able to put our "pool in a box" up in no time flat. Now came the hard part, filling the beast with a little yellow garden hose that leaked. My 2 year old loved the mud the leaky hose was making and always found a way to end up in the mud no matter who was watching him. For those of you with no kids they are all born with the Harry Houdini magic. One second they are sitting playing nice and the BAM they are 20 ft from where they were 2 seconds ago, knee deep in mud having a dirt taste testing contest with themselves.
But I can only laugh at that , mud washes off and all is well. The pool took about 3 days to finally fill up. We did not leave it on continually out of fear of drowning out the backyard. We turned it on when we got home from work and turned it off when we went to sleep.
With filter attached, chemicals bought, cover on and skimmer ready to go all we need know are some warm days to climb in. We had to clean it several times since being filled and we have not even gotten in once. I was going to climb into the pool to clean it but after 2 seconds outside in my trunks my brains started to loss function. It was tooo damn cold to even stand in the puddles by the pool, forget climbing in and playing polar bear. Let us not forget the biting wind that was whipping around.
This has got to be one of the best pucrases this summer for maximum summer time fun. I would advise anyone with some space to buy one, only if you are not lazy and/or hate to maintain things. Yes I mean you Mr. I only change my oil in the car when the light comes on, or ill do it when it finally falls off and is now a danger to the public and can cause serious reproductive harm if u sit in it. Pools require a great deal of attention and work, let it go for too long and it will be ruined. This is our first shoot at this so here is for hoping for a good time and many more summers to come.

No comments: